Monday 25 April 2011

Little hens

I have been a busy bee making lots of little hens to give to family and friends for a bit of fun
and here are just a few for all to see.
I hope they are happy in their new homes!


Little Hens

I started with the cream one as a prototype but decided the wings and feet weren't necessary.  They are fun to make and you can use almost any fabric you have spare. The baby ones are so cute so watch out they can become quite addictive to make once you start.
I was trying to find a pattern for a doorstop when I came across the idea for a large hen 
and decided to experiment with a  little one first to see if I liked it. 
As a result I have never reached the doorstop stage!
( watch this space it may follow in due course ) 

Any fabric will do that wont fray

My doors are still bereft of stops!

If you would like to see how to make them go to http://www.guardian.co.uk/ and type in chicken doorstop in their search.  I adapted mine but you can copy them exactly if you like.  Hope you enjoy making them as much as I did. 


Here's a new frilly,  lacey one for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment